One of the things I have been working at in the last few years is cultivating a attitude of appreciation.
Part of that has been making lists. Thinking about things that make me happy. Things that are beautiful. Things that bring me peace. Sometimes I write them in the form of a blog. This morning, after watching two people I love get married, as I sit in bed drinking coffee, feeling thankful for a warm bed, AC and coffee in bed, I wondered how many times I’d written about thankfulness. It turns out that I’ve written 21 posts containing the word thankful, 30 containing the word grateful, 17 containing silver linings. A lot of gratitude. Enough? I don’t know if you can ever be grateful enough.
Some of them….
- Being thankful
- A very incomplete list of things I am thankful for. Very. Incomplete.
- Gratitude with a T
- A long week
- On being poor..or rather, poorer
- On gratitude
- Time and a prayer
- Thank you, thank you, thank you
- Silver linings
- Reasons to be grateful, list 4,982
- Sick is as sick does, in which I am grateful to be so lucky
- Friday. Smiling.
- Bad experiences as a catalyst for good
- An imaginary conversation about having nothing to say
- Silver linings, always with the silver linings
- Keeping it simple
- Friends, who needs ’em? Me. You.
- The incredible lightness of being whiny and sick
- Too distracted for writing…
- An imaginary conversation about birthdays
- There will be a brief decrease in my intelligence level…
- Seasonal girl
Did I notice any trends?
I love and am grateful for my friends and family. I seem to look really hard for silver linings when I am sick or in a bad emotional space. I am really thankful for small things and laughter.
The word lucky appears in over 50 posts. I think of myself as a fortunate person, and it shows. Maybe it should show even more!
Congratulations to Shayla and Nok on their wedding yesterday and for the upcoming birth of their first son. You two are surrounded by love and laughter. You will do well!